Yes, Yes... I have neglected you blog. But I'm back!!
Well, Isabelle is talking much clearly now and is able to communicate without much frustration (at both ends, I might add). We understand her better and she sure gets that. Phew!
Last month we took her to a Kid's Animal Farm nearby. It's a working farm, mind you that opens their doors to the public so they can enjoy some animal time. From what I saw, they had horses, guinea pigs, loads of the plumpest chickens I have ever seen running around, peacocks, sheep and goats.
So, when it was time to hold the guinea pigs, we took a seat and waited to be handed over one to hold. First when fur hit hand, Isabelle was fine. I asked her to stroke, she stroked. I asked her to be gentle, she was gentle.
But then, guinea pig moved a little...and a little more...Isabelle realises, "This is no stuffed animal! It's alive!!"
The poor animal would have fallen to the ground if I hadn't held on to it for dear life and quickly handed it over to the carers...
I think my daughter is scared of touching animals. She loves to watch them and always talks about "Bow bows" and "birdies". But no touch please!
It was a lovely place to put in some family time. Next time we go there, a picnic is on the cards!
Well, Isabelle is talking much clearly now and is able to communicate without much frustration (at both ends, I might add). We understand her better and she sure gets that. Phew!
Last month we took her to a Kid's Animal Farm nearby. It's a working farm, mind you that opens their doors to the public so they can enjoy some animal time. From what I saw, they had horses, guinea pigs, loads of the plumpest chickens I have ever seen running around, peacocks, sheep and goats.
So, when it was time to hold the guinea pigs, we took a seat and waited to be handed over one to hold. First when fur hit hand, Isabelle was fine. I asked her to stroke, she stroked. I asked her to be gentle, she was gentle.
| Heh heh...I'm not too sure about this... |
But then, guinea pig moved a little...and a little more...Isabelle realises, "This is no stuffed animal! It's alive!!"
| Get him offa me!! |
The poor animal would have fallen to the ground if I hadn't held on to it for dear life and quickly handed it over to the carers...
I think my daughter is scared of touching animals. She loves to watch them and always talks about "Bow bows" and "birdies". But no touch please!
| Trying to feed the extremely fussy goats |
| Check out the barn! |
No comments:
Post a Comment