Wednesday, 30 May 2012

How about a flashback?

I often find myself thumbing through old photos in dusty albums when I'm at my parents' place...Gosh how cute I was! Gosh my sisters and I wore such cute dresses (often matching outfits - THAT was not so cute)! Golleeeee how yucky I looked as a teenager! And of course, fun memories and moments.

I wish albums were still around; I could stack them up and take them out when I was feeling nostalgic - not to say it isn't around. But who'll take the trouble to print them out and push them into those pages? Yeah, so you say - no pain no gain, hun! Sigh, I still think I may do some of those things someday - maybe pull out my favourites and get them 'album'-ed...But with the advent of the digital camera where you can take hundreds of snaps without having to worry about the film reel, how in the world do you decide? 

Well, when the snap has you in it, I'm sure it's easier to be picky and choosy about it - "nah, not this one", " My ankles look fat in this one", "Aaarrrgh! Look at my hangnail - noooot this one!" and so on and so forth. When you have a little baby? Not so easy. EVERY photo is a favourite. She looks amazing EVERYwhere even with broccoli spewing from her tiny li'l mouth.

Writing this blog entry took ten minutes. Choosing these snaps took 45. So here's my collection of moments in our life after Isabelle was born. Some of my favourites:
A couple of hours after Isabelle arrived!
I will NOT share my chocolate!!
Drama Queen
I love my bath!
Trying Grampa's helmet on for size
Allow me to help you unpack, Momma!
Ooooh! I like this more than my pram
I wonder if I could get Momma to lend me some more of her clothes...
Playing in the park
A day at the Melbourne Aquarium "Look at all the penguins, Dada"
Hug me tight!
My beautiful little girl as she turns one...

3 comments:

  1. I like! Keep blogging!:) Woo hooooo!!
    Love,
    Annie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awwwwww Anju just saw yr mail about the blogging...
    and this one specially stole my heart... What a wonderful way to capture those moments and go back to them whenever we want to... Joanne's begun her pre schooling and i find myself doing the same :)..

    Lov to Izza and lov to yu..
    Jelin

    ReplyDelete