Friday, 27 July 2012

Day 1: Soiree in Sydney


Oh!! The weather is delightful in Sydney as compared to the cold spell we have been having in Melbourne of late. Sydney is sunny, dry and bright!

Dawn has to go to work, so it's up to me and Isabelle to explore Sydney in all its glory! We stayed at the heart of the city apparently at an area called Darling Harbour. Isn't that just... darling?? Places in Sydney are named that way - Darling Park, Darling Harbour, Darlinghurst...It was named after the Governor of NSW between 1825-1831, Lt-Gen Ralph Darling.

Anyway, meanwhile my darling was busy exploring the hotel room and wrecking havoc with the TV connection.




Cheeky little thing!
By the time I was able to finally bundle her up and whisk her away, she fell asleep en route to Darling Harbour which is at a walkable distance from our room.


I walked around the place, exploring the outlets, roamed Harbourside mall, picked up a ton of pamphlets from the Information Centre, all geared up to go exploring! By the time Isabelle awoke, I bought my favourite vanilla milkshake and parked myself at the park. :) There were two talented fellows playing music and we just watched while sipping our milkshake...

Raptured...
I had to mimic and ask her to pull hard at the straw and she did it!!
But don't be fooled - she was in a horrendous mood and my plans of having her play in the park were foiled. She was grumpy and soon I realised I could only have lunch at the room. So while waiting for the takeaway I bought her a cookies 'n' cream ice cream cone to cheer her up...at first I thought she was so furious to be forced into sitting in her pram (she detests it) that I would have the ice cream dripping down my face. I didn't dare hand it to her at that point, but once we were out again walking back to the hotel, with lots of distractions in front of her, I gave her the cone...it was her first ice cream cone.

Morose-faced but cone-fascinated
One of these days, I have to teach her how to eat from a cone. She kept dipping her finger in it and licking the finger...
Even after reaching the room, she refused to relinquish the now-melted-and-no-ice-cream-anymore cone.

Nose buried....
One hour later, she was still in the cone...
We stayed in the rest of the day to catch up on her insufficient sleep and waited for Daddy to come home. Well, by the time Daddy came home it was dinner time so we walked along the Harbour scouting for the exact, perfect place to eat - there are a lot of constraints you see, especially when you are spoilt for choice...Well, one of our scouts led us to Chinta Ria...what a place!! The entrance is breathtaking and believe me, you can wait forever to be seated at a place like this - there is so much to stare at and watch...AND they had a live band! Yay!
The live band playing...
Yup, we can wait...
Entrance of Chinta Ria - it was amazing!

Ella's wrap: Prawn stuffed with prawn - just 2 pieces!!
Prawn with rice - don't remember it's fancy name...
Chinta Ria's Special: Red Temple chicken - it was delish!
What better way to end the day than with good food in a great place?

No comments:

Post a Comment