Friday, 27 July 2012

Day 2: Soiree in Sydney

I knew what I wanted to do today...Sydney has a monorail which goes around the city hotspots. It was terribly exciting waiting for the train - just me and Isabelle out on an adventure in an unknown city (yeah, I'm pretty boring usually)...

Can you see the approaching train way in the distance?
Blurry pic - blame it on the excitement and the tyke sitting on my other arm...
View down there from up on the monorail
Darling Harbour from the monorail
But the coverage is very low - before I knew it, we were back at the place where we got in - awww... fortunately, I had bought an all day pass where I could sit in the train for as many times as I wanted until 9.45 pm...that's a lot of time... so I stayed put and took another round :) Isabelle was fascinated too...for a while.

Finally I decided to get out at Paddy's markets. These markets are open until 5 pm on most days and consists of stalls and stalls of clothes, accessories, souvenirs, footwear, toys, gadgets, food, meat everything!! 

Paddy's Markets

After walking all over the place, we decided (yes, Isabelle and I decided) to go to the Sydney Tower Eye as it is called - 250 metres above street level. You can see all of Sydney from here.


We were first treated to a 4 minute 4D movie - yes all of 4 minutes. But I must say, it was a great experience. All of those 4 minutes :) Then we proceeded to the Observation Deck. It takes 44 seconds to get 250 m above street level. No, I did not time it... it's written on the elevator door. And it makes you realise that when you are doing nothing, 44 seconds is a looo-oong time.


If you're afraid of heights - doooon't look down
Beautiful Sydney
Peering into the telescope
Can't see anything. Maybe if I move it that way...?

Settling down for a biscuit treat
We even got our pictures taken and morphed into us being in King Koala's clutches on the top of the tower. Funny funny. Tiring but so much fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment