Friday, 8 June 2012

Cravings...

I've been missing home...

I miss the chaotic, bustling, loud place that is home - and I don't just mean India. Family. Sigh! It's been 6 months (they flew!), but my "away-from-home" meter's buzzing! No, make that clanging!


FB updates me on what's happening in all my friends' lives but I sure wish I could be there more. I miss family functions (which, by the way, I love in a love-hate kind of way), birthdays, random small events - oh! why is the world so huuuuge??!!


Yes, I'm complaining and being unrealistic, but I'm allowed some days to rant, right? It makes me feel better anyway...so today I'm going to rant and rave some.


It's too quiet here. The roads are so clean you could sleep on them - (I'm not kidding here). People smile at you as you pass them - I really like that...but sometimes, buddy, I DO NOT feel like smiling! You can't ever get lost driving here (GPS) - if you do, God help you - you may not spot a human being on the road for decades together to ask for directions. Here, you cross roads in an orderly manner without room for any confusion between the pedestrians and the drivers - (is he going to stop, no he's not; yes he is - oh crap, your car HIT me!). I exaggerate. As I always do...


I like it here. But I like it better back home.



1 comment:

  1. Has it already been 6 months?? Time really does zoom by. I'm sorry you're homesick :(

    ReplyDelete