Thursday, 14 June 2012

Rain rain come again!

What's the first thing that comes to your mind when you see a rainy, drab day? For me, it's a hot cup of tea/coffee and pakodas!! For this reason alone, I don't mind it raining. Also, as long as I am indoors...verrrry important.

It's getting real cold in the evenings and though we don't usually eat fried foods -  I have been making pakodas off and on the past week. I usually make them using potatoes and onions, but over the weekend we bought some shrimp. So yesterday evening, I thought, why not make a non-vegetarian pakoda for a change? Here is the shrimp pakoda we devoured while sipping our coffee:


A couple of tips - add minced garlic to the pakoda batter (we love the flavour, so I added quite a bit) and marinate the shrimp with salt and pepper for at least an hour before making the pakodas. How did I make the pakoda batter? Just besan (chickpea flour), water, salt, pepper, red chilli powder, a pinch of turmeric powder and of course the garlic. Mix all according to taste and get to a thick, creamy consistency so that it sticks onto the raw shrimp without running. We did not eat dinner that night - just because we were so full. Isabelle didn't really eat any shrimp (just licked it silly, tried to peel off the fried batter and played with the tails), so she had her dinner.

Anyway, not sure anyone noticed, but I had another activity thanks to the rain - I got bored one day and chopped off Little I's locks (also I was getting frustrated because it didn't seem to grow just curl like crazy). Now I miss them. Here are some before and after shots:
Look at how much hair she had!!
Before the rains...

Some more befores...
Sigh! and after....
 It'll grow back :)

No comments:

Post a Comment