Friday, 1 June 2012

Cookies and cartoons...

I'm baking again. 

It been 2 weeks since I last baked and I thought I could stay away from it for a while longer, but...let's just say I had chocolate chips and pecans 'lying around' my cupboard. I'd rather give Isabelle homemade than allowing her more than 1 oreo in a day. She loves oreos... Ahh, who am I kidding? I just wanted to bake!

So I made pecan and chocolate chip cookies today. They're good. I'm not too much of a cookie/biscuit fan, but let's see how Isabelle likes them.

Baking away in the oven

Pecan and chocolate chip cookies...I wouldn't use the pecans next time (I don't like nuts in food)

One day, when Isabelle is older, I'll bake cookies and muffins and cakes with her. Today, she whines and complains, wrapping her arms around my legs while I bake. I bump into her, she falls. She picks herself up and continues to whine as if nothing happened. 

She loves ad jingles, show credit music and other crazy tunes.Watch her move to music:



This was a month ago. Today, she has more moves in her repertoire than a chess player.

She still doesn't have too much of an attention span to watch cartoons but she loves it when the theme songs of 'Bananas in Pajamas' come on, this cute little British cartoon called 'Little Princess' and this pretty decent Aussie show 'Wurrawhy'. When they say 'Hi', she can't seem to take her eyes off of the screen and she waves and says 'Haaa' (Hi)too....

Recommended cartoons/movies for bubs (just because I grew up on them, and look how I turned out!! wink, wink)
  • Sesame Street
  • Mary Poppins
  • Chitty Chitty Bang Bang
  • Popeye
  • Winnie the Pooh
  • Rugrats (I love this!!)
  • Tom and Jerry (of course)
  • Pink Panther!
Ahh...Fun times! 


What cartoons did you grow up on?

2 comments: